PlayStation 5 is here and so are the headsets. These are some of our favorites for gaming on the console. Among the wide selection of gaming headsets, I’ve chosen for you the best options for the PS5 in 2022.
Top 6 Headset for PS5
|SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Gaming Headset â€“ Integrated Wireless + Bluetooth â€“ 20+ Hour Battery Life â€“ for Xbox One and Series X||$199.99||Buy On Amazon|
|Corsair HS75 XB Wireless Gaming Headset - 20 Hour Battery Life Works w/Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC- Detachable Noise Canceling Microphone- Memory Foam Earcups- 30 Feet of Range||$149.99||Buy On Amazon|
|Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE Gaming Headset - High-Fidelity 7.1 Surround Sound with Broadcast Quality Microphone - Memory Foam Earcups - 20 Hour Battery Life Works w/ PC, MacOS, PS5 - Gunmetal||$189.99||Buy On Amazon|
|SteelSeries Arctis 9 Dual Wireless Gaming Headset – Lossless 2.4 GHz Wireless + Bluetooth – 20+ Hour Battery Life – For PC, PS5, PS4, Bluetooth||$139.99||Buy On Amazon|
|Razer Nari Essential Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset: THX Spatial Audio - Auto-Adjust Headband & Swivel Cups - Auto-Adjust - Flip Mic - for PC, PS4, PS5 Only - Black||$36.62||Buy On Amazon|
See also: Best Wired Headset for PS4
SteelSeries Arctis 9X
The SteelSeries Arctis 9X is a wired headset with a wireless option. It comes in two versions: The standard model and the Bluetooth edition.
The DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound is one of the best features on this headset. It makes it easy to identify where enemies are coming from, so you can get away or prepare a counter-attack.
Corsair HS75 XB WIRELESS
The Corsair HS75 XB WIRELESS is a wireless 7.1 surround sound headset that offers high-quality audio, USB charging, and lighting options. It features large ear cups for comfortable use over long periods of time and a detachable microphone for when you want to play without being disturbed by teammates or family members.
Furthermore, the Corsair HS75 XB WIRELESS comes with an in-line remote control for easy volume adjustment and mute buttons for the microphone when you don’t need it attached to your head (eg if someone’s trying to talk). The headset has two RGB LED strips on each side that allow you to customize the color of your lights according to your mood or taste; this way you can show off at parties or just have some fun with them!
A great advantage of this model is also its price: while many competitors offer similar specs but cost twice as much money (or more), Corsair has managed to keep prices low while offering everything one could ask from their headphones – which makes it great value for money!
Read also about Best Affordable Gaming Headsets
Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE
The Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE is one of the best headsets for PS5, and it’s currently available for less than $130. The headset has a wireless design with RGB lighting, which means that you can choose from a variety of colors to match your gaming rig or personality. It also has 7.1 surround sound support that’s powered through Dolby Headphone technology.
The earcups are comfortable on the ears and there’s an adjustable microphone so that you can get it in the perfect position while playing games or talking to friends online. The battery life lasts up to 17 hours on a single charge.
The sound quality is clear with good bass response—even though it lacks some detail compared to other high-end models such as those made by SteelSeries (which cost around $200).
Interesting article: Best Gaming Headset for Big Heads
Steelseries Arctis 9
You can choose between two wireless modes: Bluetooth or DTS Headphone:X 2.0, which is a proprietary wireless connection from Steelseries. This allows you to use it with your PS5 controller and not only does it sound great but it also has 7.1 surround sound for an immersive gaming experience. The arctis 9 comes equipped with 50mm Neodymium drivers that have been tuned by the experts at Sennheiser to deliver crisp highs and mids while being powerful enough to produce booming bass as well. It has a 3-hour battery life and even comes with a 3.5mm audio jack if your device doesn’t have Bluetooth capabilities or you want better connectivity when using wired mode (which I recommend). On top of that there’s an extra USB charging cable included in case either one runs out during gameplay!
In addition to all this, there’s also a microphone mute button on the side so if anyone needs privacy they can just press it immediately without having to take off their headset first
Razer Nari Essential
The Razer Nari Essential is the perfect headset for any PS5 owner. It’s wireless and offers 7.1 surround sound with a built-in microphone, making you feel like you’re in your own theater. The adjustable and detachable mic makes it ideal for use in both gaming and conference calls. Plus, if you run out of battery, there’s a charging dock that plugs into USB-C or 3.5mm audio jack so you can keep playing without interruption (or having to buy batteries).
The Razer Nari Essential also has Bluetooth capabilities so it can connect wirelessly to any machine that supports Bluetooth 4.2 or higher—including your PC and Nintendo Switch! The Razer Nari Ultimate is compatible with Xbox One controllers via Bluetooth connection or by plugging in the included USB dongle; however, it does not support Xbox One Elite controllers due to their proprietary nature (also note: this isn’t meant as an official product endorsement by Microsoft).
Astro Gaming A50
- Wireless. The Astro Gaming A50 is a wireless headset, so it will not be tethered to your PS4 or PS5 by a cord.
- 7.1 surround sound. The A50 has 7.1 surround sound, which means that you’ll hear sounds from every direction when playing games on your PS4 and PS5—especially in games like Overwatch and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 where you can hear enemies coming from all directions around you!
- Compatible with PS4 and PS5 consoles: If you already have the Astro Gaming A50 headset for the PS3 or Xbox 360, they will work with your new console as well—just keep an eye out for firmware updates that may be required if there’s any compatibility issues between old and new consoles (I’ve never heard of any).
- 3.5mm jack & micro USB port: The A50 has both a 3.5mm jack for legacy headsets like my Turtle Beach X12s (which I really miss sometimes) as well as a micro USB port for charging which is compatible with most modern smartphones such as iPhone Xs Max or Samsung Galaxy S10+ phones so long as their charging cables are compatible with those phone models!
There are some excellent PS5 headsets on the market
When it comes to choosing a headset for the PS5, you’re going to have plenty of options on the market. Here are some of the best ones:
- The PlayStation Gold Wireless is an excellent choice for those who want that gold look with their PS5 accessories. It’s got a sleek design and great sound quality, but if you’re looking for something wireless, keep in mind that this headset doesn’t come with any sort of Bluetooth capabilities.
- If you’re looking for something more traditional and less flashy, consider Sony’s official PlayStation Platinum Edition wired headset. It has much better sound quality than its wireless counterpart and doesn’t cost too much more either—just $99 on Amazon!
As we’ve seen, the PS5 headset market is still in its infancy, so there aren’t many options out there yet. There are a few standouts though, like the SteelSeries Arctis 9X and Corsair HS75 XB WIRELESS—which both have similar features like 7.1 surround sound and RGB lighting. If you want something wireless then it looks like the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE might be your best bet at this time since it offers Dolby Atmos support as well as USB connectivity.