It really is the best headset for Xbox One in quality, comfort and price.
With an Xbox One headset, you’ll be able to hear everything while you play and communicate perfectly with your team. These are the best wireless headsets and wired models.
More immersion, better orientation, clear announcements via the microphone: A headset for the Xbox One is a good idea for many reasons. Especially in multiplayer games, where you have to talk to others, you benefit from a headset with microphone on the Microsoft console. Xbox headsets are available in two versions: wired and wireless. You can also find models in different price ranges in stores. We present the best ones for every budget here, which all work with Xbox Series X and S, by the way.
A classic headset that is always recommended is the HyperX Cloud Alpha, which you plug directly into your controller via cable and then enjoy great sound at a good price.
Xbox One Wireless Headsets 2022: The best wireless models
You can use wireless headsets with the Xbox One if they either come with a suitable USB dongle as receiver adapter or are explicitly designed for wireless connection with the console. Connecting a headset via Bluetooth just like that, on the other hand, is not possible. The models shown here are all either compatible with the console without an adapter or, in the case of the Astro A50, come with a docking station that enables the wireless connection.
Top performer: SteelSeries Arctis 9X
A wireless headset for Xbox One with comprehensive adjustment options: Use the included software to tune the sound to your preferences and then use the created sound profiles on your console. You can control all important functions directly on the headphones.
Convenient: You can also use the SteelSeries Arctis 9X via Bluetooth with your smartphone or other Bluetooth devices during wireless use on the Xbox. This allows you to make phone calls or use a chat app like Discord on a cell phone at the same time.
- Connect directly to your Xbox Series XS or Xbox One just like a wireless controller, and start gaming in seconds with no cable or dongle required
- Simultaneously connects to Bluetooth and Xbox to take calls while gaming, or use wirelessly on the go with your mobile device
- The Arctis mic uses a bidirectional design, the same used by aircraft carrier deck crews, for superior noise Cancellation so that your voice sounds clear and natural
- The award-winning soundscape of Arctis emphasizes subtle, yet critical sounds to give you an audio advantage
- Durable, adjustable steel sliders
- Compatibility: Xbox One- Xbox Wireless; PC; Mobile- Bluetooth
Price/Performance: Turtle Beach Stealth 700
The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 is one of the best wireless Xbox One headsets you can currently buy. It’s mid-range in price, but offers a lot of comfort and practical features:
The memory foam ear cushions fit your head perfectly and also cool, so the headphones sit comfortably for a long time.
The connection works directly with the console without a dongle, and the device can be used as a Bluetooth headset with other devices in parallel.
The glasses-friendly design and many setting options on the headphones and via the corresponding app round off the good price-performance ratio.
- Xbox Wireless – Enjoy the simplicity and superiority of a direct connection from your headset to your console (and compatible Windows 10 PCs) – no wires, no base station, and no adapter needed; May require Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows (not included)
- Windows Sonic surround sound: Windows Sonic for headphones delivers powerfully immersive virtual surround sound for your games and movies.
- Active noise cancellation: Block out unwanted background distractions and stay fully immersed in your games; Enjoy Hearing Pure game and chat audio; And nothing else
- Bluetooth connectivity – Take calls while gaming. Additionally, connect to the new Turtle Beach Audio Hub app to adjust a variety of settings
Read more about Turtle Beach Headsets for Xbox One.
Premium: Astro Gaming A50
A premium product at a premium price, which also convinces with the quality of a high-end headset: The Astro Gaming A50 comes with a stylish charging station, which you connect to the console and use to charge the headset when not in use. It is also comfortable and intuitive to use, the sound is top, can be adjusted comprehensively and offers surround sound via Dolby Atmos on the Xbox.
If money is no object, you get an all-round carefree package for comfortable gaming!
- Astro Audio V2: Immersive Audio and sound experience that delivers dialogue and in game sound clearly
- Dolby Audio: Dolby Audio delivers a cinematic, high resolution gaming audio experience
- HDMI 2.0b – HDMI 2.0b & HDCP compliant
- Astro command center software: The free Astro command center software gives players complete control over their audio experience, which includes voice communication and game Audio settings; Available on windows 10, Xbox 1 and Mac.
Exclusive: Xbox Wireless Headset
Perfectly tailored to the console is this headset directly from Microsoft. Uncomplicated connection, great sound quality, Bluetooth compatibility and comfortable fit make the exclusive model a top choice – even more so for the low price. Finding a good wireless console headset for around 100 Euros is not that easy anyway. The Xbox Wireless Headset exceeds expectations as a must-have accessory for the console!
- Pair directly to your console with Xbox Wireless radio without the need for dongles, cables, or a base station.
- Surround yourself with spatial sound technologies including Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, and DTS Headphone:X.
- Use auto-mute and voice isolation to reduce noise interruption for crystal-clear chat. Adjust your volume and game/chat levels with the rotating earcup dials.
- Flexible, lightweight design with an adjustable headband. Enjoy up to 15 hours of battery life with the internal, rechargeable battery.
- Use Xbox Wireless, Bluetooth, or the included USB C cable to play across Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10/11 devices.
Best wired Xbox One headsets 2022
This is also how it works: Wired headsets are cheaper than wireless models and very flexible: Thanks to the universally used 3.5 mm jack, they not only fit the Xbox One controller, but also the gamepads of PS4 and PlayStation 5, the Nintendo Switch, smartphone, tablet or PC.
Top model: HyperX Cloud Alpha
Moderate price, great sound, great comfort: The HyperX Cloud Alpha convinces all along the line. The wired headset is not one of the most popular gaming headsets for nothing and also does its job flawlessly on the Xbox One. The best features include the detachable microphone with integrated noise reduction, the soft leatherette ear cushions and the easily accessible controls on the cable.
Directly from Microsoft: Xbox Stereo Headset
The wired sister model to the Xbox Wireless Headset is in no way inferior to the wireless device, but only costs half as much. So it’s great if you’re happy with a short cable to the gamepad instead of complete wirelessness – then you’ll get the perfect Xbox headset from the console manufacturer itself. It comes with an adapter that allows you to control central sound functions directly on the gamepad.
- Game loud and clear with the Xbox Stereo Headset which supports high-fidelity Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, and DTS Headphone:X spatial sound and crystal-clear chat in analog audio.
- The flexible, lightweight design with an adjustable headband utilizes plush cushioning to spread pressure evenly.
- Enjoy ultra-soft large earcups that make for a more comfortable experience during extended play sessions.
- Adjust the volume or quickly mute incoming noise with convenient on-ear controls.
- Adjust the volume or quickly mute incoming noise with convenient on-ear controls.
Stylish: Razer BlackShark V2
An affordable headset in iconic Xbox green, with good acoustics and everything else you need? You get it with the Razer BlackShark V2!
If you don’t have premium demands on sound and features, you can have a lot of fun with this stylish headset.
The sound is decent, as is the detachable microphone, and the device sits comfortably on top of that. An all-around good solution for those who do not want to spend that much money on their Xbox headset.
- THX 7.1 Surround Sound Capable: Provides industry-leading audio realism for in-game immersion by providing accurate spatial audio information beyond standard 7.1 surround sound directional cues
- Triforce Titanium 50mm High-End Sound Drivers: Outfitted with cutting-edge, 50mm drivers divided into 3 parts for individual tuning of highs, mids, and lows
- All-Day Comfort: Oval, cooling gel-infused cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
- Detachable Razer Hyperclear Cardioid Mic: Tuned to have a more focused voice pickup area, get the most out of the mic with a with advanced voice tweaking options via Razer Synapse 3
- Compatibility: Audio enhancer DAC connects via USB connector; THX Spatial Audio available on Windows 10 64-bit only
Price/Performance: Corsair HS60 Pro
An affordable gaming headset that scores with stability and decent sound. Despite its robust construction, the Corsair HS60 is quite light and can therefore be worn for a long time. You can control volume and mute with controls on the left ear cup, where the detachable microphone is also plugged in.
You can use the Corsair device with 7.1 surround sound on the PC.
- Adjustable ear cups fitted with plush memory foam provide exceptional comfort for hours of gameplay
- High-quality custom-tuned 50mm neodymium Audio drivers deliver superb sound quality with the range to hear everything you need to on the battlefield
- Immerse yourself in 7.1 surround sound on PC creating a multi-channel audio experience that puts you in the middle of your game
- A fully detachable noise-cancelling unidirectional microphone reduces ambient noise for excellent voice clarity
- Multi-platform compatible with PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox one, Nintendo switch and mobile devices via a gold-plated 3.5mm connector
- The HS60 PRO’s light weight and durable construction, with aluminum yokes and a braided audio cable, give it years of longevity
- On-ear volume and mute controls enable on-the-fly adjustments without distracting you from your game
Premium: EPOS I Sennheiser GSP 600
For hi-fi sound, you’ll have to dig deeper into your pocket, even with wired headsets, but the GSP 600 from the Sennheiser brand EPOS is completely convincing in this respect.
The closed headphone design ensures perfect immersion and brilliant sound, while the microphone impresses with clarity and can be muted simply by flipping it up.
The volume control directly on the ear cup is comfortable and intuitive.
- German engineered Sennheiser transducers ensure exceptional audio clarity with superb dynamics and extended bass response
- Closed back acoustic design, ergonomic ear cushions and advanced hinge system provide excellent passive noise attenuation
- Advanced noise cancelling broadcast quality microphone for crystal clear in game communication
- New headband design features adjustable contact pressure providing a customized fit for every user
- Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One and other consoles with 3.5 millimeter jack input (some Xbox One controllers may require Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, sold separately)
Admittedly, choosing the best headset option for gaming through the xbox One console wasn’t easy. And it’s not because there’s no choice. On the contrary. I was “lost” in the wide range of headsets on offer, all of which deserve the most flattering words. But, “getting a grip” I’ve made you a list of the most appealing headset options that will make your gaming experience truly mind-blowing! Well, from there, the choice is yours!
tech expert Reyus Mammadli (aka byReyus).